Listen or Watch
In this Episode
Auditory processing is not your hearing - it’s how the brain perceives and thinks about or processes information that comes in through your ears.
In this episode, we're discussing Auditory Processing and why it has such a profound impact on learning, social skills, and general sense of confidence and well-being.
We’ll look at how auditory processing challenges might be affecting you or your child, and we’ll talk about what auditory training looks like with two simple techniques that you can use to stimulate your child’s listening and auditory system.
In this week's episode, you'll learn:
- What it feels like to have an Auditory Processing challenge
- How Auditory Processing challenges look in real-life scenarios
- Auditory Processing can be developed through sound therapy and active auditory training
"If you or your child are struggling because of weak auditory processing, don’t let anyone tell you that it cannot be improved."
- LD Expert Live episode with Alex Doman. LISTEN or WATCH
- Advanced Brain Technology and The Listening Program
- LD Expert Live episode with Adalyn Smith - Part 1
- Brain Gym ("Thinking Caps" strategy)
- Take the Stone Out of the Shoe - Chapter 5: What Do Challenges With Processing Skills Look Like?
- At Wit's End - Chapter 10: Auditory Processing
- Auditory Processing Disorder: Definition, Symptoms, Testing, Treatment and Results
Listen, Watch and Subscribe
Subscribe to the LD Expert podcast in your preferred player and sign up for our weekly newsletter. Get the answers and proven solutions for dyslexia, learning differences and attention challenges sent directly to your inbox.