In this episode:
Jill Stowell and Lauren Ma dive deeper into the approach and methodology they use at Stowell Learning Centers in identifying and treating specific types of dyslexia. You will learn about the processing and core learning skills that need targeted treatment, and how to support your dyslexic thinker with therapies that are more effective than tutoring.
“It makes you realize how much mental energy they’re using to compensate all the time.” – Jill Stowell
Jill and Lauren talk about how a dyslexic mind is wired differently from the majority of their peers. They use a lot of energy just trying to keep up with a way of thinking and learning that isn’t efficient for their dyslexic mind which is why some come home from school so exhausted or even yawn excessively.
- Learning continuum ladder
- Learning Ally – Audiobooks for Dyslexia and Learning Disabilities
- Bookshare – Online library of accessible ebooks for people with print disabilities
- Sound therapy for dyslexia on LD Expert Live
- The Research Behind Correcting Dyslexia on LD Expert Live
- At Wit’s End, Chapter 14
- Is it ever too late to correct dyslexia?
- What accommodations can be made for students with dyslexia?
- Can dyslexia affect spelling?
And many more questions answered in the Bonus Q&A with Jill Stowell and Lauren Ma below.
Listen, Watch and subscribe
Subscribe to the LD Expert podcast in your preferred player and sign up for our weekly newsletter. Get the answers and proven solutions for dyslexia, learning differences and attention challenges sent directly to your inbox.