In this episode:
Jill Stowell and Lauren Ma dive deeper into the approach and methodology they use at Stowell Learning Centers in identifying and treating specific types of dyslexia. You will learn about the processing and core learning skills that need targeted treatment, and how to support your dyslexic thinker with therapies that are more effective than tutoring.
“It makes you realize how much mental energy they’re using to compensate all the time.” – Jill Stowell
Jill and Lauren talk about how a dyslexic mind is wired differently from the majority of their peers. They use a lot of energy just trying to keep up with a way of thinking and learning that isn’t efficient for their dyslexic mind which is why some come home from school so exhausted or even yawn excessively.
- Learning continuum ladder
- Learning Ally – Audiobooks for Dyslexia and Learning Disabilities
- Bookshare – Online library of accessible ebooks for people with print disabilities
- Sound therapy for dyslexia on LD Expert Live
- The Research Behind Correcting Dyslexia on LD Expert Live
- At Wit’s End, Chapter 14
- Is it ever too late to correct dyslexia?
- What accommodations can be made for students with dyslexia?
- Can dyslexia affect spelling?
And many more questions answered in the Bonus Q&A with Jill Stowell and Lauren Ma below.
Ready to take the next step?
Speak to a Learning Specialist to ask questions and learn more about how we can help you permanently correct or eliminate the difficulties associated with learning disabilities and attention challenges.