In this Episode
This week’s podcast guest is Michael Uram who shares descriptive examples of how to apply Collaborative Problem Solving when challenging behaviors arise due to academics and relationships.
He is a licensed marriage and family therapist, and licensed professional clinical counselor that specializes in treating ADHD, Asperger's, Autism, and OCD through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Collaborative Problem Solving.
In this week's episode, you'll learn:
- Small steps to build executive function and overcome procrastination
- Helping your child develop social skills
- Power of role playing in addition to visualization
“The number one technique for figuring out how to not procrastinate is to get started with the smallest little bit.” - Michael Uram
In this week’s episode, Michael shares how to break down big chunks of work into small bits that would make our future self (even if only 5-minutes in the future) proud.
- Parenting and Asperger's: A Practical Handbook To Help You and Your Child Navigate Daily Life - Michael Uram’s book
- 3 Things You Can Do Now to Avoid Homework Battles in the New School Year - Blog post
- Activate a Feel Good Party in Your Brain - Blog post to help with homework
What are some important things that kids need to understand about making and keeping friends?
The short answer is to know that it’s a skill that can be built bit-by-bit. Start small with an appreciation task.
Listen to a more in-depth explanation, and more questions in this Bonus Q&A.
Ready to take the next step?
Speak to a Learning Specialist to ask questions and learn more about how we can help you permanently correct or eliminate the difficulties associated with learning disabilities and attention challenges.