In this episode:
An encouraging, empowering look at a mother’s journey to make sense of her child’s struggles, find real answers, and stay the course to success and independence.
What you’ll learn:
- Lita’s lonely and confusing journey to discovering that her child had APD, and finding help
- How APD has impacted her family
- The profound changes she saw once her child started therapy for APD
“I didn’t do any handwriting training because there were so many bigger issues, but I can tell you it was through the sound therapy the handwriting came to be. How much pressure, the smoothness of her writing. She does calligraphy now and her handwriting is prettier than mine.” – Lita Hsia
In this episode, Lita shares how her daughter went through various therapies. However, it wasn’t until her daughter started doing sound therapy for her auditory processing disorder that all the learnings from her previous therapies began to more fully integrate.
- I’m Listening, But It Sounds Like You’re Talking Through Water – Blog Post
- Why Isn’t Everybody Talking About Auditory Processing – Blog Post
- What are the different types of auditory processing training?
- My child with APD has experienced a huge spike in anxiety, is this happening for other kids with APD?
- My 6th grader has been diagnosed with ADHD but I think something else is going on. What can I do?
And many more questions answered in the Bonus Q&A below.
Listen, Watch and Subscribe
Subscribe to the LD Expert podcast in your preferred player and sign up for our weekly newsletter. Get the answers and proven solutions for dyslexia, learning differences and attention challenges sent directly to your inbox.