In this episode:
- The science of what needs to happen for the brain to receive and understand a word
- How to approach the school and explain that your child needs auditory testing
- What to expect from auditory testing
- Where to get tested, and what programs can help remediate APD
“You don’t put APD in a basket and say give me a therapy that’s going to work. You have to figure out which one is going to work specifically for which APD is for you.”
In this episode, Dr. Fox shares that therapy for APD is not a one size fits all approach. There are various auditory processing disorders, and each therapy addresses a specific issue. The best first step is to get tested.
- https://www.igaps.org/ – International Guild of Auditory Processing Specialists where you can view the latest research on APD and locate a professional near you
- When the Brain Can’t Hear: Unraveling the Mystery of Auditory Processing Disorder – Book recommendation from Dr. Fox
Questions Answered in This Episode:
- What is the difference between a hearing test and an auditory test?
- What is being looked at with auditory testing?
- What age can you test for Auditory Processing issues?
Listen, Watch and Subscribe
Subscribe to the LD Expert podcast in your preferred player and sign up for our weekly newsletter. Get the answers and proven solutions for dyslexia, learning differences and attention challenges sent directly to your inbox.