Parent enrichment and continuing education (p.e.a.c.e)
P.E.A.C.E is a monthly parent learning workshop, support group, and live Q&A held in-person at Stowell Learning Center, Irvine.
Are You at Your 'Wit's End'?
- Does it break your heart to see your child struggle?
- Do even simple tasks turn into exhausting ordeals?
- Did this new school year bring with it the same old challenges?
Learning challenges are frustrating and can leave parents feeling lost.
We welcome you, your family, and friends to join our monthly PEACE group. Connect, share, and learn with others who are experiencing the same challenges you see everyday.
This month's PEACE topic:
THE MYTHS AND FACES OF LEARNING DISABILITIES
- "I feel like I'm in 4th grade all over again!
- "School didn't seem this hard when I was a kid!"
- "She's learning concepts in 6th grade that I didn't learn until college!"
- "How can he possibly be a successful student with everything he's up against?!"
We hear parents say these things all the time!
So much is required of our kids in school now that it may seem like an uphill battle for any child successful in school, let alone a child with a learning or attention challenge!
This month, we will explore Chapters 1 & 2 of At Wit's End, A Parent's Guide to Ending the Struggle, Tears and Turmoil of Learning Disabilities, by Jill Stowell to learn about the faces of and debunk the 7 myths of learning disabilities.
Learning disabilities can "look" different in each individual and affect many different areas of functioning besides just academics (behavior, social skills, organization, etc.).
Join the in-person meeting to ask questions, get support, and be part of the conversation.
Date: Thursday, September 21, 2023
Time: 10:00AM - 12:00PM Pacific
Location: In-person only at SLC Irvine.
RSVP using the form below.